ON-DECK | Guelph’s Queer+Trans Youth DJ Club
December 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 8:00am on Monday, repeating indefinitely
Calling all queer+trans youth (aged 15-21) in Guelph, Ontario! Are you interested in learning about DJing, practicing with club-ready gear, learning new skills, and making friends along the way? Then this opportunity is for you!
Join local queer DJ OrangaDang every other Monday from 7-9 pm at Onyx Nightclub for ON-DECK | Guelph’s queer+trans youth DJ club.
- Bring your own music: Load up a USB or cloud storage with 2-4 of your favourite songs.
- See if you like it: Jump on the decks and practice your skills with guidance from our DJs. All abilities welcome!
- No equipment required: No prior training or knowledge of music theory is needed. We provide all the equipment so you can just have fun!
- Learn something new: Each week we’ll focus on a new skill to help you level up.
- Bring a friend (or two): Even if you don’t feel like DJing and just want to hang out/listen to music, that’s cool too! Dancing is always encouraged.
- Make new friends: Find queer buddies in the community with similar interests!
This is a SAFE SPACE 🏳️🌈 ON-DECK is for youth who identify on the 2SLGBTQIA+ spectrum. Allies are welcome. We will be practicing zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour, actions, or conduct. This includes discrimination of any kind, including racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or aggressive/violent behaviour. You will be asked to leave if this rule is broken.
Onyx Nightclub is equipped with an elevator and a physically accessible restroom. For questions related to accessibility or to request accommodation, please contact Oliver Maynard-Langedijk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your health and wellness are important to us and we value confidentiality at all times, regardless of disclosure.
This is a dry space. Alcohol will not be served.